I feel like a walking zombie
I know I haven't been posting as regularly as usual and for that I apologize. Thank you, loyal readers, for sticking with me during this time. Just a short update on my super exciting life:
1. Owen is teething. Drool everywhere, lots of crying and needing attention and very little sleep.
2. Owen has started solid foods. He has had cereal and bananas. He eats two times a day right now. This doesn't seem like a big deal, but this along with breastfeeding takes up about half the day.
3. I am working under another Town Values deadline right now. Busy, busy.
4. Plus, I have a few other freelance jobs that are keeping me busy.
5. I am not doing too much to help with our 10 year class reunion, but it is taking much more time than I thought it would.
6. My back is STILL killing me! It hurts so bad sometimes I feel like I'm going to throw up.
7. I woke up this morning tremendously dizzy. I feel like I took Nyquil or something.
So, all of this has kept me occupied for every spare second in every day for the last week or so. I have pictures to post and I have a few things that I would like to eventually write about, but they just have to wait for now.
I love What Not to Wear
. It's a great show, but this episode is just irritating. They are showing these 2 pregnant women how to dress in maternity clothes and a new mom how to dress. The husband of the new mom is a jerk. He was saying that he was ashamed of the way his wife had been dressing since she had the baby and that she wore the same clothes over and over again. He needs to just get over himself. Yes, it is nice to get dressed up and do your makeup, but some days with a baby, it just isn't an option.
And the women who are pregnant really need help. They just have no idea. If you are pregnant with your first child, it is EASY to dress nicely and do your makeup. And one of the women said, "I don't think a mom should be this harried, rushed, busy person that disappears behind her child. A mom should be an individual person herself and that's what I aspire to be." I'd really like to see a follow-up with her to see if she does her makeup and hair and looks totally put together with a newborn every day. Ha!